Friday 29 August 2014

Poem

A Day at the Beach
By Kraven
A day at the beach.
My feet runs through the sand,
wet, watery, weird.
The waves crashing on the children.
They scream with happiness.
The seaweed, floating around in the water.
The foam,
far out at sea in the deep waters,
like icebergs floating on the waves.
White shells, with water crashing through it,
swim in the waves,
smash on the sand.
A huge fish on my fishing rod.
Burgers running down my throat, from the BBQ.
My mum cooking smoked eel with potato salad.
The peach sponge with ice cream waits,
ready for after our lunch.
My family is having fun in the water.
Jumping in the water,
I feel cold, brisk, bleak.
l can smell gas dripping from the car exhaust pipe.
Is this what we are breathing?
Is this making our fish rotten?
Is it killing them?
Sea water slowly cruising onto the land
Seagulls chirping in the air around us,
looking for some food.
A day at the beach.


This is my poem about the sea 

1 comment:

  1. Amazing descriptive poem about the sea. I like how you have used interesting language features to describe this vidid scene of the ocean. The various use of alliteration, for example - wet, watery, weird, makes the reader think more deeply about the feeling and movement of the sea.

    Well done for hooking in the reader with the use of fantastic language features. Keep the awesome descriptive thinking Kraven!

    ReplyDelete